20/4/2026 -26/7/2026 / (Week 1 - Week 14)
Aricia Man Yi Xuan / 0375026
Application Design II / Task 1 / DST65604
Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
TABLE OF CONTENT
1. Instructions
2. Task 1: App Design Self-Evaluation and Reflection
3. Task 2: Hybrid Lo-Fidelity Mobile App Development
4. Task 3: Micro Interactions Prototype
6. Feedback
7. Reflection
INSTRUCTION
TASK 1
Fig.3.1.1 Task 1: App Design Self Evaluation & Reflection / (Week 4, 13/5/2026)
TASK 2
- Tutorial: Guide link
We learned how to create and implement an "Add to Cart" button
- User Authentication (Firebase): Users must be able to sign up for a new account and log in using an email address and password.
- Database Integration / CRUD Operations (Firebase): Demonstrate full Create, Read, Update, and Delete (CRUD) operations, complete with dynamic UI updates reflecting the database changes in real-time.
- Provide clear screenshots of user flow
- Show the complete process for both Sign Up and Log In
- Show full CRUD workflow
- Arrange screenshots in sequence with short captions
- Include FlutterFlow project link on first page
- Compile into PDF or Word
- Submit via MyTimes
TASK 3
These are small animations that provide immediate feedback to users.
- Button Feedback
- Input Field Feedback
- Loading & Processing States
- Screen Navigation Animations
- Modal & Popup Animations
- Onboarding / Multi-Step Flows
TASK 4
Part A: Final Application Execution
Develop and deploy a working MVP application with the
following requirements:
1. Platform & Deployment
- Build the application entirely using FlutterFlow.
- Publish the application as a mobile web app.
- Ensure the app is accessible through a public web link.
- Connect the application with Firebase Firestore.
- Manage at least one dynamic dataset (e.g., user entries, listings, records).
- Implement complete CRUD operations
- Ensure the interface updates dynamically based on database changes.
- Include Email Login and Signup functionality.
- Google Sign-In integration is optional but recommended for improving user experience.
- Use FlutterFlow workflows, actions, and conditional visibility.
- Ensure features function through real logic rather than only visual navigation between screens.
- Presentation Slides
- Video Walkthrough (MP4)
- E-portfolio & Reflection
FEEDBACK
- You have Log In page, search bar, input field, and add to cart button, which is good, you can import the design system into FlutterFlow following the tutorial.
- The AR feature was interesting, but not sure if you can make it in FlutterFlow, you can either just put a background, or just remove it.
- You don't need to do all of the category product, just do one or two it's enough.
- For the animation, you can do for the advertising, or the AR features bread rotation.
- Basically, you'll need to do all of the screen into FlutterFlow for final task.
- Task 2 and Task 3 is good, you have mentioned about the challenges and difficulties. You can just write into your final presentation slides.
REFLECTION
I think the most difficult part of the project was developing the backend functionality. We had to know the correct setting up the database, creating the backend structure, connecting data, and configuring actions and logic for different user interactions. I often encountered problems where an action did not behave as expected because a condition, parameter, or database reference was configured incorrectly. Solving these issues took plenty of time and patience, but solving them helped me gain a better understanding of how the logic works.
However, I enjoyed designing the user interactions and animations. FlutterFlow provides various built-in animation options, allowing me to experiment with page transitions, button effects, loading animations, and dialog animations. Playing with these features finally made me feel more interactive and polished, and it was satisfying.
Throughout the development process, I observed that a well-designed UI must supported by a properly organized backend structure and logical user flows. Besides, we always need to resolve the errors before testing the application. It's helpful that FlutterFlow provides warnings and error messages whenever there are missing variables, incorrect action flows, or database issues.
I also realized that backend development is significantly as backend
development requires logical thinking, proper data management, and
careful planning of user interactions. Every page, button, and action
must be connected correctly for the application to function smoothly.
Overall, I think this module is quite interesting despite its level of difficulty. The module strengthened my understanding of how frontend design and backend functionality work together to create a usable product. I also learned how to identify errors and fixing them.
However, I still feel that I'm not very familiar with FlutterFlow as a whole. I have only managed to understand and apply some basic concepts, especially related to page navigation, simple UI interactions, and basic backend connections. More advanced functions are still areas that I need more time to practice and improve.
In the future, I wish I could gradually improve my technical skills of using FlutterFlow in other projects or perhaps in my future career.
Comments
Post a Comment